Open Discussion
In need of advice...
  5 of 7  
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
preggoluvr4286
(February 1, 2018, 3:10 am)Akhenaten
(January 31, 2018, 11:41 pm)preggoluvr4286 Right now I'm in the process of trying to get over a girl I met last week whom I really liked. So that doesn't help the cause right now. I will be trying to take the cautious path through a good chunk of February, knowing that things will likely end in disaster if I don't. Right now I'm a big ball of negative energy so approaching women -pregnant or not - might not be such a good idea right now.

See, you're perfectly self-aware. Do you realize how big a deal that is? Some guys don't even know how much trouble they're going to get themselves in. Now you can react accordingly, which is, as you said, to hang back and not interact with women until you cool off from the latest dating debacle. I just got ghosted by a pregnant woman, myself, so don't feel too bad. This is the new normal, apparently.

Thanks for noticing. I'm inundating myself with motivational videos and working on other goals while cooling off from what I thought all along was something that was too good to be true - which it was. I'm sorry you found yourself ghosted by a pregnant woman. Yes, this is the new normal. It's wrong, but it is what it is. Hopefully you have better luck with the next one. Big Grin

That said, I will be going out to run errands for the first time in almost a month. I'm going to try to keep myself upbeat and in a positive mood; but, if not, I'm not going to bother approaching anyone.
doubleintegral
(Edited)
(Edited)
(January 31, 2018, 11:41 pm)preggoluvr4286 Right now I'm in the process of trying to get over a girl I met last week

Jesus, dude, you go too fast with everything.

But seriously, and I mean this, at least you are showing some signs of self-awareness. I think you'll need more than a month though. It takes longer than that to build up good habits.
preggoluvr4286
(February 1, 2018, 9:32 am)doubleintegral
(January 31, 2018, 11:41 pm)preggoluvr4286 Right now I'm in the process of trying to get over a girl I met last week

Jesus, dude, you go too fast with everything.

But seriously, and I mean this, at least you are showing some signs of self-awareness. I think you'll need more than a month though. It takes longer than that to build up good habits.

After waking up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, I think you're right. I think I will need longer than a month to work on this.

Yes, I go too fast with everything. This is just a habit of mine which I cannot seem to break. I just find someone and, immediately, I have high expectations.

I just wish things would get easier.
preggoluvr4286
I just decided to stay home today. I'm in one of my destructive moods and I don't know how I'm going to get out of it this time. I'm just going to keep myself locked up in my house for the rest of February.
Akhenaten
(February 1, 2018, 4:44 pm)preggoluvr4286 I just decided to stay home today. I'm in one of my destructive moods and I don't know how I'm going to get out of it this time. I'm just going to keep myself locked up in my house for the rest of February.

This may sound stupid and/or trite but have you considered just going outside, period? Getting away from all the shit we have in our lives? We're in roughly the same part of Texas, so I know how your weather has been lately -- i.e. pretty darn nice. Seriously, take a walk. Talk to yourself. Out loud, if you want. You'd be surprised.

And no biggie on my getting ghosted. That's like... number 20. I'm used to it. I go into every one of these things fully expecting to get ghosted. Same with dating. I honestly have no idea if there's any sort of gender gap in this, but god damn, women are the WORST when it comes to ghosting. It's so rude! No, we're not entitled to anything from anyone, but the behavior is still fucking RUDE! *cough* Anyway...
preggoluvr4286
(February 1, 2018, 6:53 pm)Akhenaten
(February 1, 2018, 4:44 pm)preggoluvr4286 I just decided to stay home today. I'm in one of my destructive moods and I don't know how I'm going to get out of it this time. I'm just going to keep myself locked up in my house for the rest of February.

This may sound stupid and/or trite but have you considered just going outside, period? Getting away from all the shit we have in our lives? We're in roughly the same part of Texas, so I know how your weather has been lately -- i.e. pretty darn nice. Seriously, take a walk. Talk to yourself. Out loud, if you want. You'd be surprised.

And no biggie on my getting ghosted. That's like... number 20. I'm used to it. I go into every one of these things fully expecting to get ghosted. Same with dating. I honestly have no idea if there's any sort of gender gap in this, but god damn, women are the WORST when it comes to ghosting. It's so rude! No, we're not entitled to anything from anyone, but the behavior is still fucking RUDE! *cough* Anyway...

I'm in a sorta-semi-rural area where we don't have a lot of neighbors. So the nearest town is about 6 miles away. But, yeah, I can scream out loud. It does no good. I wish I could afford to do some mixed-martial arts or something because I feel like kicking somebody's ass whenever this sort of thing happens. I will talk to my psychiatrist about getting me on better mood stabilizers; but, honestly, I'm pretty much done looking for women for a long time. I'm sick and tired of playing a numbers game that gets me absolutely nothing but misery and pain.

It's just frustrating because I think I'm getting somewhere and then - BAM! - there's yet another setback. There comes a time when you just want the setbacks, the obstacles, and the challenges to stop and the love and happiness to begin. I think I've reached the point where enough is enough; and I'm not sure I can take another rejection or other romantic debacle.
DarthKomar
(February 1, 2018, 9:37 pm)preggoluvr4286 I'm in a sorta-semi-rural area where we don't have a lot of neighbors. So the nearest town is about 6 miles away. But, yeah, I can scream out loud. It does no good. I wish I could afford to do some mixed-martial arts or something because I feel like kicking somebody's ass whenever this sort of thing happens. I will talk to my psychiatrist about getting me on better mood stabilizers; but, honestly, I'm pretty much done looking for women for a long time. I'm sick and tired of playing a numbers game that gets me absolutely nothing but misery and pain.

It's just frustrating because I think I'm getting somewhere and then - BAM! - there's yet another setback. There comes a time when you just want the setbacks, the obstacles, and the challenges to stop and the love and happiness to begin. I think I've reached the point where enough is enough; and I'm not sure I can take another rejection or other romantic debacle.

Yeah I'm in a ruralish area myself. Almost everyone I know has already decided I'm not their friend anymore, though it could be I'm reading things wrong, thanks Aspergers.

What really helped me the most is dexamphetamine and Zoloft, I've also been on Valdoxan at night if that helps man. I also vape nicotine ejuice but I have to buy the nicotine juice from the USA usually, can't get it domestically in Australia.

orta03
(February 1, 2018, 9:37 pm)preggoluvr4286

I'm in a sorta-semi-rural area where we don't have a lot of neighbors. So the nearest town is about 6 miles away. But, yeah, I can scream out loud. It does no good. I wish I could afford to do some mixed-martial arts or something because I feel like kicking somebody's ass whenever this sort of thing happens. I will talk to my psychiatrist about getting me on better mood stabilizers; but, honestly, I'm pretty much done looking for women for a long time. I'm sick and tired of playing a numbers game that gets me absolutely nothing but misery and pain.

Do you game? Video games are a great outlet for aggression and stress.
Akhenaten
(February 1, 2018, 10:49 pm)orta03 Do you game? Video games are a great outlet for aggression and stress.

Oh shit yeah, that's a good suggestion too. And there's a genre or two for everyone. If you want to bust some heads, get a violent FPS. Dishonored is pretty gruesome and murderous if you decide to play it that way. Or less violent, I dunno -- I hear Overwatch is good. If you want to play god on a small scale, get the Sims; medium scale, Cities: Skylines; large scale, Civilization. If you want to wage war, Starcraft was a great game. If you want to get utterly lost in a huge world, try the Mass Effect series (1, 2, and 3 -- don't get Andromeda).

The list goes on!
preggoluvr4286
(February 1, 2018, 10:49 pm)orta03
(February 1, 2018, 9:37 pm)preggoluvr4286

Do you game? Video games are a great outlet for aggression and stress.

I'm NOT a gamer... ALTHOUGH you're right about it being a good outlet for stress and aggression. All I have is a PC and an iPad - no consoles. What do you recommend?