Open Discussion
Does anyone else hate children and never want them? It seems weird to me
  3 of 4  
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Jimbo89
Hate kids, in the states they are rotten because parents don’t care. Plus overpopulation and how fucked the world is turning I wouldn’t want to bring kids here. There’s a quote by someone that having children is the most self-centered action a person can make because you are creating someone just for your own personal enjoyment. Having said that... preggos are still the hottest thing, it’s so weird 0.o
Always willing to trade
Liked by Akhenaten (Dec 18, 2019)
glowwormkatie
(Edited)
(Edited)
To each their own. I'm a mom so I disagree -- but a difficult thing about talking to *some* people is their lack of caring/understanding that women are *having babies,* thus our relationship to the experience is way different than yours. Where you might see a big-bellied milk factory, our physical/emotional state is way more complicated. That doesn't have to turn you on, but it's not always acknowledged or respected either.

It doesn't matter when dealing with pictures, of course, but if you interact with models or other sex workers, or (god forbid) approach strangers in public ...

This doesn't accuse anyone in this thread. Just a general statement. Note: I'm not currently pregnant.
Liked by Jimbo89 (Dec 11, 2019)
alexnj
I have 3 with a 4th on the way. Yes children can be a pain but I would not trade them for anything in the world.
Liked by glowwormkatie (Dec 11, 2019)
orta03
(Edited)
(Edited)
(December 11, 2019, 3:27 pm)Jimbo89 Hate kids, in the states they are rotten because parents don’t care. Plus overpopulation and how fucked the world is turning I wouldn’t want to bring kids here. There’s a quote by someone that having children is the most self-centered action a person can make because you are creating someone just for your own personal enjoyment. Having said that... preggos are still the hottest thing, it’s so weird 0.o

Overpopulation is a common myth.  With advances in farming techniques, the world is capable of supporting a much higher population than it is now.  Not to mention that birthrates in developed nations have been in decline, with many having shrinking populations.  The problem is high birthrates in economically poor countries in Sub Saharan Africa and South Asia.
anotherunreg
(December 12, 2019, 12:17 am)orta03
(December 11, 2019, 3:27 pm)Jimbo89 Hate kids, in the states they are rotten because parents don’t care. Plus overpopulation and how fucked the world is turning I wouldn’t want to bring kids here. There’s a quote by someone that having children is the most self-centered action a person can make because you are creating someone just for your own personal enjoyment. Having said that... preggos are still the hottest thing, it’s so weird 0.o

Overpopulation is a common myth.  With advances in farming techniques, the world is capable of supporting a much higher population than it now.  Not to mention that birthrates in developed nations have been in decline, with many having shrinking populations.  The problem is high birthrates in economically poor countries in Sub Saharan Africa and South Asia.

>The problem is high birthrates in economically poor countries in Sub Saharan Africa and South Asia.
Which is a problem entirely caused by developed nations throwing aid at those poor nations so those populations could come to be. Previously they had more appropriate population numbers that their level of technology/infrastructure could support.
Liked by orta03 (Dec 12, 2019)
TacoTamale
I never understood the whole "Children are vile and disgusting creatures who are loud and gross" mindset. Everyone here at one point were having tantrums and shitting themselves while eating animal crackers with a snot-filled nose. It's literally part of growing up since you'll most likely end up back in diapers when you get old and having people feed you.
Liked by orta03 (Dec 12, 2019), Unreg_user (Dec 12, 2019)
alexnj
(December 12, 2019, 10:36 am)TacoTamale I never understood the whole "Children are vile and disgusting creatures who are loud and gross" mindset. Everyone here at one point were having tantrums and shitting themselves while eating animal crackers with a snot-filled nose. It's literally part of growing up since you'll most likely end up back in diapers when you get old and having people feed you.

Well said.
Akhenaten
(December 12, 2019, 10:36 am)TacoTamale I never understood the whole "Children are vile and disgusting creatures who are loud and gross" mindset. Everyone here at one point were having tantrums and shitting themselves while eating animal crackers with a snot-filled nose. It's literally part of growing up since you'll most likely end up back in diapers when you get old and having people feed you.

Yes, but most people do have a period of our lives where we're not doing this, and some of us would prefer to be far, far away from anyone who is doing it. Let us enjoy that.
TacoTamale
(December 12, 2019, 11:38 am)Akhenaten

Yes, but most people do have a period of our lives where we're not doing this, and some of us would prefer to be far, far away from anyone who is doing it. Let us enjoy that.

Who's said I wasn't letting you enjoy a child-free time? Just don't forget the next time you're complaining about a crying child that you used to be that same kid falling out in the store and making a scene.
Liked by Unreg_user (Dec 12, 2019)
Akhenaten
(December 12, 2019, 12:19 pm)TacoTamale Just don't forget the next time you're complaining about a crying child that you used to be that same kid falling out in the store and making a scene.

Dunno. I think adults are still entitled to kind of hate that. It's obnoxious and distressing, and many parents don't bother to remedy the situation in a timely manner. They just let everyone else deal with the unwelcome disturbance. That is, of course, the fault of the parent -- which goes back to the original point of the thread, which is that some folks may want kids and are prepared to live with those consequences, while other folks would prefer otherwise.