Open Discussion
New horror film "The Seed"
  5 of 6  
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
shockwave1
Love it. I wonder we should get this kickfunded?
LTKNT101
(March 25, 2022, 7:19 pm)shockwave1 Love it.  I wonder we should get this kickfunded?
Well, first of all, we're going to need something solid to show investors to get them excited about the project. We will also have to show that we have the capability to produce the film once the funding is received. For example, if we could shoot the film trailer and link it to the Kickstarter campaign. 

Actually, before all of that, we'll have to figure out exactly how much it is going to cost to make the film. What kind of special effects are going to be required, sets etc. Salaries for the actors and other production costs that are involved with making a movie. As of 2014, Sundance reported that the average independent film budget was $750,000 however it is possible to produce a film on a budget lower than that but realistically it's best to lean toward the higher estimate.
shockwave1
Okay. Didn't see that coming. A person can dream. It is a good idea, right?
Unreg_user
(Edited)
(Edited)
You could animated or commison someone to make a 10 minute flash movie. That's the most realistic approach that won't break the almost non-existent bank.
Liked by belliesrlovely (Mar 26, 2022)
LTKNT101
(Edited)
(Edited)
(March 25, 2022, 10:47 pm)shockwave1 Okay.  Didn't see that coming.  A person can dream.  It is a good idea, right?
Of course, in fact, I think our movie can be made for less. Smartphone cameras have gotten really good. Apple has advertisements showing people using iPhones to make movies. The good thing is we are not talking about a science fiction movie that requires a lot of CGI. We will need practical effects such as prosthetic bellies that can be inflated. The entity character may require some postproduction computer effects but it's nothing that is out of the realm of possibility.
Thechickenlawyer
(March 26, 2022, 12:02 am)LTKNT101
(March 25, 2022, 10:47 pm)shockwave1 Okay.  Didn't see that coming.  A person can dream.  It is a good idea, right?
Of course, in fact, I think our movie can be made for less. Smartphone cameras have gotten really good. Apple has advertisements showing people using iPhones to make movies. The good thing is we are not talking about a science fiction movie that requires a lot of CGI. We will need practical effects such as prosthetic bellies that can be inflated. The entity character may require some postproduction computer effects but it's nothing that is out of the realm of possibility.
We have people we sub on patreon.com. there is also this Latino dude that did some fake belly stuff on YT. We could have silentartist, Dim Pixels, Lusty come together. Maybe contact the YT dude as well. Plus if we do a "group buy" & we each give say 200$ then we could make something animated. Also I'm sure there are women here & on dA that would love to be a part of this even if this film made no $. It would be a great accomplishment for us.
doubleintegral
(Edited)
(Edited)
(March 25, 2022, 9:57 pm)LTKNT101 Actually, before all of that, we'll have to figure out exactly how much it is going to cost to make the film. What kind of special effects are going to be required, sets etc. Salaries for the actors and other production costs that are involved with making a movie. As of 2014, Sundance reported that the average independent film budget was $750,000 however it is possible to produce a film on a budget lower than that but realistically it's best to lean toward the higher estimate.

Not sure exactly how serious you are about this, but since this idea has now stretched over four pages and you are clearly pretty naive about this whole process, here are some words of advice:

1. You are probably in for a sobering reality check w.r.t. crowdfunding prospects. Star Trek Continues, a fan project with fairly broad appeal, raised less than $800k (inflation adjusted) over three different campaigns. Could a niche fetish project even hit five figures?

2. You are definitely in for a sobering reality check w.r.t. the costs associated with making a movie to even a minimal standard of quality. It could very easily spiral into the thousands of dollars per day of shooting, plus whatever pre- and post-production costs are necessary. Napoleon Dynamite, a low-budget movie with minimal stunts or effects, would cost $600k (inflation adjusted) to make today. Go check its IMDB page and see the size of the crew. (By the way, that $750k Sundance figure from 2014 would be $1.2 million today.)

3. You get what you pay for. You get what you pay for. Repeating once more for effect: you get what you pay for.

I apologize if this comes across as condescending, and I'm honestly not trying to talk you out of anything. Just saying that you would be wise to start adjusting your expectations.
shockwave1
It is a good idea. We forgot the first part. A story with it and agreeing on it.
shockwave1
We can start with a CGI movie and a script for the short movie
LTKNT101
(Edited)
(Edited)
I'd settle for a CGI movie. With that said, I understand CGI is not cheap and to make a full length animated movie can take months/years. For the purposes of making something to fap to our movie doesn't need to be 2 hours long. 10 to 20 mins is a good run time. Basically, all we would have to do is write a script then commission a guy that has experience with making DAZ Studio 3D animations. This scenario is likely the most realistic way to get it done. As much as I would like to see our ideas in live-action I understand how difficult making a movie can be. Thousands of scripts never get made regardless of how good they are.

I've seen some pretty good short projects that were made using DAZ Studio. Densel Torrington does great inflation animations. If he takes commissions I think he would be the right 3D artist to hire.