Site Support & Problems
Having problems looking at my private messages
  2 of 3  
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BigBellyHunter
(July 12, 2020, 5:27 pm)Admin Sorry for the inconvenience guys -- we're testing a conversation-style PM system and it is interfering with some inboxes. Things should return to normal in a couple of days.

@Admin I also can't access profiles or post... What happened?
Liked by TommyDe (Jul 20, 2020)
BigBellyHunter
I still have not received an answer why I can't view profiles? What have I done @Admin
Liked by TommyDe (Jul 26, 2020)
TommyDe
@BigBellyHunter. You're not the only one who is still having that problem. I'm still experiencing that as well
griddles14
Would like some clarification as well, why only some accounts picked and not others
Admin
Staff Member
@griddles14 this isn't an issue of some people being picked and not others.

Are you also having trouble accessing private messaging? When did this start?
griddles14
(Edited)
(Edited)
It started briefly around when this thread was made.
The messaging button is removed and when I clicked on it using mobile web view I get messages including:
1) Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
2) You do not have permission to access this page...
3) Your account may still be awaiting activation...
4) You have accessed this page directly rather than...

I guess the tone of the messages above seems rather ominous (rather than a technical error) hence the anxiety experienced by other members.
I've received external private messages from other members experiencing the same issue - about 5 other members.

Otherwise, I don't think it's an urgent issue and I'm sure all of us can wait but thank you for improving this site continuously!
@Admin
Admin
Staff Member
I see, thanks for outlining this @griddles14. Are there any members having trouble with this and who haven't posted in this thread to let me know? If so, please share their usernames or ask them to post here. I need to sort out why this is happening.

@auto_asphyx and @"Avarics" and @TommyDe -- is private messaging working? I cleared a server-side cache. This might take a day or two on your end @griddles14.
Liked by Lucifer Morningstar (Aug 2, 2020)
TommyDe
No. Still says on my end. Here's a picture of it. I even checked Google Chrome and Firefox and same problem all around

Admin
Staff Member
@TommyDe can you check again? I've cleared another server cache.
TommyDe
@Admin Now it's back. Thanks for all your help.
Liked by Lucifer Morningstar (Aug 2, 2020), auto_asphyx (Aug 2, 2020), Admin (Aug 2, 2020)