Open Discussion
Is there male midwife who have preggophilia??
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
lovelypreggos
I want to be a male midwife
lovelypreggos
(Edited)
(Edited)
I wonder if there is a country where I can work as a male midwife.

InflatoPreggo
Most women I know probably wouldn’t be comfortable with a male midwife.

Also a side note, but I’m hoping this is a troll post solely because getting a job because you have a kink isn’t the best decision. It could end horribly for all parties involved
Liked by PenniesandNickels (Sep 7, 2022), nunya2013 (Sep 5, 2022), ilcarpw (Sep 4, 2022), Spambasket (May 13, 2022), alexnj (May 12, 2022), Stretchedtummy (May 12, 2022), rbx7p9 (May 12, 2022), (May 12, 2022)
User 62025
(May 12, 2022, 9:11 am)InflatoPreggo Most women I know probably wouldn’t be comfortable with a male midwife.

Also a side note, but I’m hoping this is a troll post solely because getting a job because you have a kink isn’t the best decision. It could end horribly for all parties involved

(1) Yeah, but... there are male midwives now.  It's becoming a thing.  Apparently they've been a thing in Sweden for quite a while.  (It's in the first season of the show Lillehammer, which is getting old.)  It's a bit like saying most women wouldn't be comfortable with transwomen in sports --- I agree*, but we'll have to see what happens.  We could easily enter an era where some women will be like, "What do you mean you're not willing to have a male midwife?  Are you a Republican or something?" just like you could be called a transphobe if you don't support Lia Thomas.

(2) So judgey?  I came to the same conclusion when I was young --- becoming an OBGYN, for instance, wouldn't end well for me.  But now I'm not so sure.  Just because I have the fetish and would get too excited working with pregnant women on a daily basis doesn't necessarily mean someone else who has the fetish would have issues with self-control. 

There's a difference between "I worry what might happen to you if you do this" and "I hope you're a troll because this is a stupid thing to do."  That's what I'm trying to say in point (2) if it's not clear.

And I don't think, "OMG, our midwife was a perv who had a boner the whole time and touched my belly way too much" is equivalent to it "ending horribly for all parties involved" --- the pearl clutching has gotten too strong in a country where we're supposedly so enlightened about sex now.  (But it could easily end horribly for the male midwife, that I do agree with.)

*with both --- transwomen in sports seems ridiculous to me, and male midwives also seems absurd.  But things are going in absurd directions.
Akhenaten
(Edited)
(Edited)
Hearing a lot about doulas these days, many of them male.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doula
Liked by nunya2013 (Sep 5, 2022)
IntoPreggos
I read a Fetlife ad of one in Montreal in Canada (Quebec province) providing an option for women to decide whether they want a sensual or erotic experience in delivering the baby, but I don't know this is legal in any part of the US for a kind of midwife or doula business service that can get somewhat sexual in nature (childbirth isn't something pleasant from what I heard, then I can't speak for persons who had natural or any physical birth).
Unreg_user
At the end of the day, it shouldn't matter what gender the midwife/husband doula or whatever you want to call the position is. The whole point is to make the birth as smooth and comfortable as possible for the mother to be. Keep the fetish out of the job, and if you can't then find another profession.
yang
First of,I am one in China.But I got the chance and mothers would like me to deliver their babies because my grandmother and my third aunt both work as midwife,and they live in a village,very far from the city.I got the chance to deliver their kids because of the fact that simply everyone knew me and My grandmother gave them her words.Now I live in city,I don't get the chance ever.So you see,ti be a male midwife is difficult,judging by the gender.
MrCoolesta
That sounds like an HR violation waiting to happen.
Liked by nunya2013 (Sep 5, 2022), Stretchedtummy (Sep 5, 2022)
alexnj
(Edited)
(Edited)
(September 5, 2022, 1:59 pm)MrCoolesta That sounds like an HR violation waiting to happen.
I mean there are male OBs.   My friend who has 5 kids actually prefers male Obs since they tend less judgy than female OBs.
Liked by (Sep 17, 2022)